At the prize will compete Research Scientific Works that will cover basic research and laboratory or clinical research (clinical trials or innovative surgical or operative techniques) provided they are pertinent to the themes of biology, clinical and surgery in Endodontics, in all their aspects.
15 Maggio 2022
Official language of the Congress: English
The Italian Society of Endodontics, with the Aim of stimulating and supporting Research in the Endodontic field, awards each year a Prize for the best “Endodontic Research” dedicated to “Riccardo Garberoglio“, one of the “Fathers” of Italian and International Endodontic Research.
The REGULATION of the Prize provides the following:
The Riccardo Garberoglio Award is reserved to the Author presenter, Member of the Italian Society of Endodontics, who have regularized its membership no later than 15th July 2022. If the winner is a foreign Author, he must be regularly enrolled in the SIE. Co-authors not need to be necessarily enrolled to SIE. The author can be a co-author in several works, but speaker only in one.
- The award will be entitled “Riccardo Garberoglio Award for Research of the Italian Society of Endodontics“. The winner of the prize will be entitled to a reward of 2000 euros and a certificate of recognition of the SIE.
- The prize will be awarded to the best Research Work sent, written and presented in ENGLISH language, to the Italian Society of Endodontics and subsequently presented orally during the International Congress of the same Society.
- More than one Author can be associated with a Research, but only the Author that presents it will be eligible for the award.
- The Author Presenter must be regularly enrolled in the Italian Society of Endodontics (SIE) and in order with the payment of the membership fee.
- An abstract of the Research Work must be forwarded to the Italian Society of Endodontics, through the SIE website dedicated to the submission of the Abstract by selecting the “Riccardo Garberoglio” option. The deadline for the presentation of abstracts is fixed for 15th May 2022.
- The length of the abstract should not be less than 2000 characters and not exceed 4000 characters including separator spaces. Bibliographic references are excluded from the characters count.
- The bibliographic references must be of certain relevance and in number not less than 5 nor higher than 10. The Author must link the text to the bibliographic references through a specific numbering.
- The “SIE Cultural Committee” will select the best among the received Abstracts that will be admitted to the “Oral Presentation” during the Congress. The Oral Presentation must not exceed 17 minutes in duration with the addition of 3 minutes for discussion. A Computer connected to a video projector will be made available by the SIE for the Presenters.
- The Research found adequate to the quality standards of the SIE but not admitted to the oral presentation, may be presented in the Poster Session of the Congress.
- Instructions for the preparation of the Abstracts.
The abstracts to be sent to the SIE must be structured as follows, under penalty of exclusion:
- Introduction: The introduction should include a detailed description of the Research. In particular, the scientific motivations underlying the research hypothesis must be specified.
- Objectives of the Study: Describe and explain the objectives of the Research on the basis of a review of the international scientific literature.
- Materials and Methods: In case of experimental methodology, this will have to be explained in detail. The methods should be described accurately and be sensitive enough to allow accurate control.
- Results: The results of the research and the advantages and limitations of the applied methodology should be underlined in the description of the results. The data obtained must also be subjected to an adequate statistical analysis.
- Discussion: It consists in the discussion of the results citing the literature in favor and the one contrary to the results of the Research.
- Conclusions: The conclusions should be supported by the results.
- The award will be conferred by the Cultural Committee of the SIE. The evaluators will have to take into account the originality of the research, its relevance for Endodontics, the methodology, the results and the discussion, the quality of the abstract and the clarity and quality of the oral presentation.
Any revisions requested by the Cultural Committee to be respected and sent back no later than 5 days from receipt of the communication and the work reproposed must have the same structure and the same number of characters imposed by Regulation of the first Abstract presented, under penalty of exclusion of the submitted work.
Download Award Regulations
Submission: Riccardo Garberoglio Award
LE SUBMISSION DEI PREMI 2022 SONO CHIUSE.