At the prize will compete Scientific Reports on endodontic themes mainly focused on Instrumentation, Innovations and Respect of Anatomy.
15 Maggio 2022
Official language of the Congress: English
Francesco Riitano Award is reserved to the Authors, members of the Italian Society of Endodontics, who have regularized their membership no later than 15th July 2022. The Author can be a co-Author in several works, but speaker only in one.
The duration of each presentation, both in the awarding sessions and in the ordinary sessions of the Congress, must not exceed 17 minutes with the addition of 3 minutes for discussion. Any delay is not allowed and if this happens the session chairman will stop the speaker at the end of the scheduled time.
Each Abstract of the scientific works presented for the Francesco Riitano Award that will be submitted to the examination of the SIE Cultural Committee should be written and presented in ENGLISH language and structured as below:
Introduction must be brief and concise. In order to avoid repeating concept showed in other presentations regarding the same topic (e.g. root filling), the general part of the introduction should be reduced as much as possible (e.g. if the topic is root filling using Resilion the introduction should describe directly the characteristics of Resilion and avoid indication the history of the filling materials or the history of Endodontics, etc.). If your presentation contains a part dedicated to experimentation or research, please indicate clearly the references on which you have based your method.
While describing the objectives, the Author should describe the protocol strategy according to the scientific literature review.
- MATERIALS and METHODS
Indicate the characteristics, clinical sequences and protocols used for the topic, method or technique in examination. Author can discuss his presentation during the Congress using as many radiographies, photos and videos he wants, respecting the timetable schedule. Abstracts can contain between 5 and 10 images and, potentially 2 videos maximun, that illustrate in details the quality and substance of the presentation.
- RESULTS and DISCUSSION
Describing and discussing the results, the lecturer shall highlight the results, advantages and disadvantages of the topic, operations and technique described. It will be necessary to compare the results with others achieved using similar methods and supported by scientific evidence.
Abstract should satisfied the following requirements, under penalty of exclusion:
- should be specified: the category for which Award you are competing, the title of relation, name and qualification of all the Authors. Provide address and e-mail address of the main Author;
- the lenght of the abstract should be between 1600 and 2750 characters with blank spaces included; references are not included in the count.
- references between 5 and 10, should have a scientific relevance. The Author should link the reference with a number listed on references lists.
- the abstract should be sent to SIE in digital format only, using the specific submission page on the SIE website.
- if the abstract contains some images, they should be included in the presentation form, and not attached on different files.
- Any revisions requested by the Cultural Committee to be respected and sent back no later than 5 days from receipt of the communication and the work reproposed must have the same structure and the same number of characters imposed by Regulation of the first Abstract presented, under penalty of exclusion of the submitted work.
Download Award Regulations
Submission: Francesco Riitano Award
LE SUBMISSION DEI PREMI SONO CHIUSE.